Re: [EXIM] How to reject one host from an accepted net?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Neil Long
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] How to reject one host from an accepted net?
On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, Neil Long wrote:

> If I have
>
> sender_net_accept_relay = "1.2.0.0/16"
> sender_net_reject_except= "1.2.0.0/16"
>
> How can I then reject connections from just one host as
> sender_net_reject = 1.2.3.4/32
> doesn't seem to work if I use the test mode
> exim -bh 1.2.3.4

Setting reject_except does nothing in the absence of a reject setting.

The way it works is as follows:

First, accept cuts out everything that doesn't match;
then reject cuts out everything that matches,
unless it also matches reject_except.

Thus, in your example that includes the reject setting, all networks
except 1.2.0.0/16 are rejected. Then 1.2.3.4/32 would be rejected, but
it matches reject_except, so is not.

Does that help?

> I want to be able to block one or more hosts from even connecting if
> they become a problem for whatever reason,

Then you must arrange for them not to match the "except" settings!! :-)