Re: [EXIM] Exim ignore_errmsg_errors_after behaviour odditie…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Gyan Mathur
A: exim-users, gyan
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim ignore_errmsg_errors_after behaviour oddities

> error messages not disppearing from the queue when I expect them to. In the
> configure file I have set
>
>     ignore_errmsg_errors_after = 12h

> as I like to keep an eye on what's going on before the messages are
> automatically dropped. Observational data seems to indicate that this settin
> causes failed addresses in error messages to be eventually removed from the
> queue only when the failure was a caused by permanent SMTP error code from a
> remote mailer, eg a 550 code. I have a fair number of cases of "unrouteable
> mail domain" type errors where the domain is not in the DNS and these message
> are never unfrozen

HAve you got an auto-thaw set? I'm finding that the sort of errors
you mention are staying in the queue until the rerties expire and then
being removed.

Interesting -- I _thought_ that under 2.01 they disppeared at the end
of the ignore_errmsg_errors_after time rather than the (longer) time
to final re-try, whereas with 2.02 we are back to what I was seeing
with earlier versions before I tried ignore_errmsg_errors_after
... but I could be wrong. Anyway if you let them auto-thaw they will
vanish eventually.

Gyan.