[EXIM] Exim ignore_errmsg_errors_after behaviour oddities

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Elena Blanco
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] Exim ignore_errmsg_errors_after behaviour oddities
Can anyone help with this while Philip's away?

Now that we're starting to use Exim in anger I'm having a problem with frozen
error messages not disppearing from the queue when I expect them to. In the
configure file I have set

    ignore_errmsg_errors_after = 12h

as I like to keep an eye on what's going on before the messages are
automatically dropped. Observational data seems to indicate that this setting
causes failed addresses in error messages to be eventually removed from the
queue only when the failure was a caused by permanent SMTP error code from a
remote mailer, eg a 550 code. I have a fair number of cases of "unrouteable
mail domain" type errors where the domain is not in the DNS and these messages
are never unfrozen and dropped at the ned of the expiry period set with
ignore_errmsg_errors_after. It seems that the only way I can get those messages
(ie those not relating to permanent SMTP errors) to disappear automatically is
to set ignore_errmsg_errors when they are dropped on the floor immediately along
with all the other failed error messages. I assumed that the two
ignore_errmsg_etc options worked in the same way using the same criteria to
ignore the messages, is that not the case?

I'm using v1.90 at the moment although I'll upgrade to v2.02 soon, does this
behaviour change between versions?

Thanks,

Elena

-  Elena Blanco, Computing Services, University of Oxford
-             13 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN, UK
-  Tel: +44 1865 273250      Fax: +44 1865 273275
-  EMail:     elena.blanco@???