Re: [EXIM] Local POP deliveries via EXIM

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Nigel Metheringham
To: Conor Mc Goveran
CC: Exim Mailing List
題目: Re: [EXIM] Local POP deliveries via EXIM
What a lot of questions...

conor@??? said:
} Also do you use POP as a delivery agent ? If so how do you spool mail
} locally, I was considering simply using the appendfile director but
} that leaves the problem of appending the ctrl-A chars that seperate
} indvidual emails.

To some extent this is getting into detailed stuff on our config...
however none of this is particular secret or sensitive so I will comment

We use a maildir based spool - so one file per message, delivery is done
using the maildir support within the appendfile transport.
The pop agent is taken from qmail, with local modifications for logging,
efficiency and client controlled sorting.

If you analyse the NFS ops used by this config, it is as optimal as I can
make it. There is *no* locking, no partial modifications to a file (ie
you create, rename, read or remove - no updates or writes of less than a
complete file).

conor@??? said:
} I am currently using lsearches since I have only two entires in my
} test aliases file, I would as if anyone is making use of SQL queries
} to return this info (from a database) since even dbm searches have
} upper bounds in terms of performace ?

Interesting.... I would expect SQL to have similar problems to a well
designed db system. Personally I am happy with using a db based system to
a a rather large number of users and intend to spend time seriously
investigating ldap.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]