Re: [EXIM] How to do partial lookups with LDAP ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: James FitzGibbon
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] How to do partial lookups with LDAP ?
On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> } But this will only look up the local part. Is it possible to get exim
> } to try the query again, using '*' for the local part, or do I have to
> } create another director which is called after the one above ? I can
> } see the benefits to both approaches, but wanted to clarify the
> } behaviour first.
>
> another way would be to have a logical or function (there is one, but I
> don't know if it works like this), with short circuiting, so that
>    or{\
>     {ldap://LDAPSERVER/domain=$domain,ou=Customers,o=ACC\
>                 ?ldapauthforwarding\
>                 ?sub\
>                 ?(&(login=$local_part)(forward=*))}\
>     {ldap://LDAPSERVER/domain=$domain,ou=Customers,o=ACC\
>                 ?ldapauthforwarding\
>                 ?sub\
>                 ?(&(login=*)(forward=*))}\
>      }

When I tried this, the config file reading routines complained of
extraneous characters after 'ldap', so I suppose I'll have to go with the
two director system. I suppose it doesn't add all that much overhead,
since exim caches the result of ldap_bind_s, and would have to call
ldap_url_search twice whether it was in two directors or part of an or{}
construct.

--
j.

James FitzGibbon                                                james@???
System Engineer, ACC Global Net                   Voice/Fax (416)207-7171/7610