Re: [EXIM] System Filter Efficiency

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tony Earnshaw
A: Exim
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] System Filter Efficiency
Ray Smith wrote:

>         Our system filter file is growing steadily in an attempt to try
> and stay one step ahead of the spammers.  As it grows I was wondering if
> anyone had any thoughts or conclusive evidence regarding system filter
> construction and efficiency? I.e is it faster to process individual

Purely with regard Exim and efficiency in reading linear info (i.e., not
quite the answer you were looking for), we block sites, don't search
headers nor bodies for spam. That way we permanently cut out a lot of
dialup ISP sites by giving wildcards in the hostname. Irrespective of
what they put in their messages.

Anyway, what I wanted to say, was that the file has now around 1.300
sites, that Exim has to read every time he receives mail. (He also has
to do gethostbyname()s and RBL lookups on all of the incoming mail
servers, _and_ he runs from inetd (TCP Wrappers connected). All the
same, it seems to me that he runs as fast as lightning on our SCO 5.0.4
box (1 Pentium 166) - far faster than MMDF which I (and many customers)
had before.

Just my stuiver's worth (NLG 0:05).

Tony

--