[EXIM] System Filter Efficiency

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Ray Smith
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] System Filter Efficiency
Howdy All,

    Our system filter file is growing steadily in an attempt to try
and stay one step ahead of the spammers.  As it grows I was wondering if
anyone had any thoughts or conclusive evidence regarding system filter
construction and efficiency? I.e is it faster to process individual

'if $message_body contains SOME_SPAM then'

    versus

'if $message_body contains SOME_SPAM or
    $message_body contains MORE_SPAM or
    $message_body contains EVEN_MORE_SPAM etc etc etc....'

?? Any insights?

    I have noticed that if you have too many or'ed expressions I can
get an error that appears to be a segmentation fault. I chalked it up to a
buffer overflow or something I may have missed in the documentation. I
started keeping the or'ed list down to less than 10 conditions and it
seems to work fine....

Thanks,
Ray
--