[EXIM] Exim 1.82 and RFC2317

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bruno Vuillemin
A: exim-users
Cc: Bruno.Vuillemin, Oliver.Hitz
Asunto: [EXIM] Exim 1.82 and RFC2317
Hello

I recieved a complain from rega-sense.ch that they couldn't reach us
any longer since few weeks.

Here is the banner of our higher priorty MX :
220 siufuxsun03.unifr.ch ESMTP Exim 1.82 #4 Fri, 14 Aug 1998 15:47:05 +0200

I had a look on the doc, on the list (at least the 1600 last messages)...
I found nothing about rfc 2317. I migth have been unlucky....

>Network Working Group                                         H. Eidnes
>Request for Comments: 2317                                 SINTEF RUNIT
>BCP: 20                                                     G. de Groot
>Category: Best Current Practice          Berkeley Software Design, Inc.
>                                                               P. Vixie
>                                           Internet Software Consortium
>                                                             March 1998

>                   Classless IN-ADDR.ARPA delegation

Hm rather new ....March 1998.

It seems that the problem arose during my holidays when my colleague did some
configuration changes (to stop a "looping mail")
Here are the differences before the time this personn says it worked
and now.

$ diff configure configure.19990730
47,53d46
< # 19980730 Frederic Tschannen
< # Spam reject
< # Have a look at http://www.broomstick.com/spamreject/
< sender_host_reject=lsearch;/opt/local/exim/etc/reject_hosts
< sender_reject=lsearch;/opt/local/exim/etc/reject_accounts
< #

Any comment ? Thanks

Bruno Vuillemin

Bruno.Vuillemin@???          {post/ftp/cache/news/unix}master@???
Service Informatique              tel (0(041)26)300.7206
Universite de Fribourg            fax (0(041)26)300.9704
{Schweiz/Suisse/Svizzera/Svizra/  Switzerland}

Here's a summary of the mail I received

-------------
The server claims that it is not able to find the host name belonging to
the IP address of the sending machine:

$ telnet siufuxsun04.unifr.ch 25
Trying 134.21.13.54...
Connected to siufuxsun04.unifr.ch.
Escape character is '^]'.
554 SMTP service not available (failed to find sending host name from IP
address)
Connection closed by foreign host.

The machine is question, netra.rega-sense.ch, is at a company I'm working
for. Since the machine isn't on a full class C network, the reverse lookup
is not configured as usually, but according to RFC 2317 ("Classless
IN-ADDR.ARPA delegation").

--------
(He works also in the university of Fribourg and shows that
name resolution is ok from a Sun workstation situated within
the University)
--------
$ nslookup 195.141.72.66
Server: siuftesun02.unifr.ch
Address: 134.21.1.31

  Name:    netra.rega-sense.ch
  Address:  195.141.72.66
  Aliases:  66.72.141.195.in-addr.arpa

Given that we're running this setup for more than half a year now and
that we never ran into any problems of this kind, it is hard for me to
believe that something is not properly configured at our site. Your site
is the only one we are having this kind of problems with. ;(

Is is possible that your mail server software is outdated and does not
properly support RFC 2317? This RFC is quite new, it dates from March
1998.

---------