Re: [EXIM] Truncating MIME headers?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: patl
Para: Nigel Metheringham
CC: Philip Hazel, Exim Users Mailing List
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Truncating MIME headers?
> As I understand it, the problem is with things like superlong filenames.
> These would appear in the *body* of the message - not the RFC822 headers.
> Remember there can be lots of MIME parts - each with their own
> mime-headers.

Furthermore, the problem appears to only affect MUAs for various
flavors of Windows. Apparently the faulty programs assume that
the filenames specified will be legal FAT/VFAT/NTFS/... constructs
with no single component exceeding the OS' name length restrictions.
(E.g. 8.3 for Windows 3.x/FAT) Unix programs tend to be much more
liberal in the filenames they expect. (I don't know about Macs,
AmigaDOS or other OSes. I suspect that most of them are a small
enough segment of the market that they aren't even targetted.)

This is clearly out of Exim's domain. I could see an argument
for a temporary hack in an IMAP or POP server; but certainly
not in a MTA.

-Pat