[EXIM] Broken SMTP software - not exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Broken SMTP software - not exim
Has anyone any reasonable experience with an MTA called David (actually
David is a complete package of stuff for NT/Novell which includes David
Postman)?? Its from a german company called Tobit.

The problem we have seen externally is that if you send multiple messages
down one smtp connection, ie (sender side only shown)

    helo ...
    mail from: <sender1>
    rcpt to: <recip1>
    data
    .
    mail from: <sender2>
    rcpt to: <recip2>
    data
    .

then the package appears to add the recipients from earlier messages ontop
of the headers for later messages. I guess that the . terminating data
does *not* do an effective RSET. Of course their software could not be at
fault (!), is in hundreds of installations (we have only ever seen one),
and its all our fault!!!

I'm rather hoping that now we have a detailed description of the problem
rather than someone complaining that our mail system doesn't work,
complete with quotes from RFC821, that they will fix their problems....

However you need to be aware that there are some very broken software out
there....

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]