Re: [EXIM] Truncating MIME headers?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Paul Mansfield
Para: Alan Thew
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Truncating MIME headers?
On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Alan Thew wrote:
> We would be interested...
>
> On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> >exploiting a bug in some email clients. This bug compromises security if
> >The Sendmail folk have produced a patch that allows the admin to truncate

humble opinion:
this feature will be used if at all for about a month whilst mail client
people scramble to fix bugs introduced by bad programming practises (i.e.
lack of peer review, poor testing etc).

I think this, as a feature of Exim, could in the long run actually cause
more problems than it solves.

I'm sure a quick hack could be introduced but I'm not sure it'd be a good
thing to make it a permanent feature of Exim. There's already been a lot of
work-rounds for badly behaved non-rfc systems, when will Phil have to stop?

Just my VVVVHO

Paul