Re: [EXIM] Bcc not disappearing

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
Para: mutt-users, Exim List
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Bcc not disappearing
Some background for the mutt list:
Someone noticed when they upgraded mutt on a server that runs exim that
the Bcc: field wasn't getting removed anymore.

exim only removes the Bcc: field if it is dealing with headers to find
recipients (the -t option) since according to the RFC, some MUAs/users
may wish to leave the Bcc: in place (why they'd want to, I have no idea,
but the RFC allows for it).

It seems that sendmail does not allow this RFC compliant behavour and
removes the Bcc: header whatever.

Ben Smithurst <ben@???> probably said:
> David Shaw wrote:
> > That's not correct (or you have changed the configuration). The default
> > mutt config right out of the box uses 'sendmail -oi -oem -t' to send mail.
> No, my version of mutt (check headers, 0.94.2 I think) does _not_ use
> -t by default. Perhaps you need to upgrade <g>

I just upgraded mutt to 0.93.2i and the default has indeed changed.
It now does
/usr/lib/sendmail -oi -oem
and suplies recipients on the command line.
It leaves the Bcc: in.

This is broken IMO, the web page manual still says:
] Specifies the program and arguments used to deliver mail sent by Mutt.
] Mutt expects that the specified program will read the message header
] for recipients.

Either mutt should give recipients on the command line and remove the
Bcc: header, or give all the information in the headers and use -t.

Why was the default sending to sendmail in mutt changed, anyway ?

P.

--
pir               pir@???      pir@???      pir@???