Re: [EXIM] New user

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: vtmue
Para: Jon Gunnar Rue
CC: Exim
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] New user
On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, Jon Gunnar Rue wrote:
> On 12-Aug-98 Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> > Nah, nah, nah, don't do that, let the bloke learn English and read up
> > on
> I think you have misunderstood something very fundamental here. I asked
> a question about the program exim. That has nothing to do with my skill
> in the english language.
> I got some replies from people that did understand this, and tried to
> help out. I will probably be a comfort for you to know that I have
> removed exim. No more questions.

Hello all,

I think here went s/th the wrong way.
On the one hand side - Jon, a MTA is a complex technical thing and not
easy to handle (even for native speakers who have less language-related
problems than we actually have). Of course one will have problems with it,
more or less, and need assistance. That's what this list is for.
Actually I don't know neither any other list nor a commercial support that
has an equal level of quality. Since I subscribed, _every_ question was
answered.
For your matter, IMHO the problem had been that you provided not enough
information. Philip asked for additional info, you didn't supply it -
instead you become offended because of Tony's mail and removed exim.
Nobody is going to force you to use it, but you should become clear about
the point that there will be people who are willing to help you.

On the other side, Tony, your mail was a little bit rude I think, however
my first thought about it was "that puts the words right out of many
people's mouths" ;)

So Jon, if I were you, I'd forget about that little "skirmish" :) and post
the problem again. You'll find out that you get the help you desire.

Kind regards,
Volker
   Volker T. Mueller             Freiburg im Breisgau BRD   "hope is the
   Student der Informatik        vtmue@???       denial of
   Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet   +49 (0)761 35503            reality"