[EXIM] Smartuser and condition

Author: John Horne
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Smartuser and condition
Hello all,

I've set up a smartuser director with a condition statement, but it doesn't
seem to be executing the condition. The configure file has:

   majordomo_lists:
     no_expn
     no_verify
     domains = PLYMOUTH:LOCALHOST
     condition = "{if exists {MAJORDOMO/lists/${lc:$local_part}} {yes} {no}}"
     transport = md_list_pipe
     driver = smartuser;

Basically if an address such as 'test@???' arrives then I want the
condition to see if it is a majordomo list, and if it is then the message
passes to the transport (which is a pipe to a majordomo command).

Using 'exim -bt' any address at this point goes off to the transport
regardless of whether it is a list or not. Using the '-d9' option doesn't
show too much, but in particular doesn't show any mention of the condition
statement at all. I checked the exim (1.92) manual which implies (page 143)
that the smartuser director will obey the condition statement. (Apologies if
there's something in the Exim 2.0 manual, but that's at home!) We're running
exim 2.02.

I swapped the 'yes' and 'no' of the condition but got the same result.

Any ideas?

John.

John Horne                                     E-mail: J.Horne@???
Academic and Information Services              Phone :  +44 (0) 1752 - 233911
University of Plymouth, UK                     Fax   :  +44 (0) 1752 - 233919