RE: [EXIM] Permission denied delivering mail.

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Stephen Nurse
To: Philip Hazel, G.E.Fowler
CC: exim-users
Betreff: RE: [EXIM] Permission denied delivering mail.
Philip and Graeme,

Thank you for the help.

It's working now .. I've put some comments below:

Steve

Actually this is the same for all users : There are no .forward files.

> What are the permissions on that file? What have you set as Exim's
> uid/gid, if anything? (Find out by "exim -bP exim_uid exim_gid".)

Exim's UID is 1000 and the GID is 101. The above command doesn't work:

    mgate1:/home# exim -bP exim_uid exim_gid
    exim_uid is not a known option
    exim_gid is not a known option

exim -bP gives all the info, but not the IDs ...

> Have you remembered to make exim setuid root?

Bingo! Exim was upgraded to 2.02 and by the looks of it, exim.O was setuid
root, but the new exim didn't get set, or was changed. This fixed things
nicely.

Graeme:

Just FYI

> Let me know:
>
> (a) what the rights are on that user's .forward (and directory it's in)
> (b) do a find . -print|grep 0z5xwE from / and see if that file has been
> accidentally prefixed with a slash.

There are no .forward's defined.

It waen't prefixed - looks like a corrupted message in the directory. Why
exim stuck a // on it I'll never know. As a further bit of info, in
eximon, trying to read it, force delivery and remove it did not work for
any option. I went into the directory, moved the single file out (I
thought there sould have been 2 files) refreshed eximon (update) and the
errors disappeared from the log.

Thanks again (and very much) for all you help - It is appreciated.

Steve

Thanks,

Steve

Stephen Nurse - Facilities Manager
Software Kinetics Atlantic Division
Mail To: Stephen.Nurse@???

Phone (902) 481-3680 - Fax (902) 468-3679

Visit Us Virtually:
http://www.sofkin.ca