Re: [EXIM] Bcc not disappearing

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Dave Holland
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Bcc not disappearing
On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Dave Holland wrote:

> I've recently noticed that emails I send with a Bcc: line are being
> delivered to their final destination with the Bcc: line still present.

Exim removes Bcc lines *only* if you call it with the -t option (i.e.
when it is acting partly as an MUA). It does not remove Bcc lines that
are present in incoming SMTP mail. Indeed, it should not. From RFC 822:

     4.5.3.  BCC / RESENT-BCC

        This field contains the identity of additional  recipients  of
        the  message.   The contents of this field are not included in
        copies of the message sent to the primary and secondary  reci-
        pients.   Some  systems  may choose to include the text of the
        "Bcc" field only in the author(s)'s  copy,  while  others  may
        also include it in the text sent to all those indicated in the
        "Bcc" list.

Only the initiating software can tell what to do with Bcc; any software
receiving mail over SMTP has to leave it alone.