[EXIM] Locking of the alias dbm files?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: D.M.Chapman
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] Locking of the alias dbm files?

Hi,

As a part of our move from PP we are upgrading all of our mail machines
to run exim. Part of this move involves updating some locally written
code that manages our users accounts. Sometimes (when a user moves to
another machine or department etc) we need to automatically update the
mail aliases which are currently held as a dbm database. It seems that
exim performs no locking on this database - are we asking for odd errors
if we edit the live alias dbm files (and similarly, we have a dbm file
used in our rewritting rules as well).

I am a little worried that exim could get confused if it happens to access
the database after we have replaced the .dir file but not the corresponding
.pag file. Are we worrying over nothing? Is there a way to perform some
sort of file locking on these files that exim will obey? It seems to check
its hints database for locks but nothing else...

Oh, its exim 1.92 if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Darren