Re: [EXIM] check_dns_names not working?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Bob Billson
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] check_dns_names not working?
On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Bob Billson wrote:

> I am trying to figure if I'm doing something wrong, check_dns_names is
> not working correctly in 2.02, or perhaps something else.

> MAIL FROM:<root@???_lux>
> 501 <root@???_lux>: malformed address: _lux> may not follow

<root@???

This is a syntax error; nothing to do with check_dns_names. The change
is recorded in the ChangeLog for version 1.921 as follows:

10. Domains in addresses that come in via SMTP commands (MAIL FROM, RCPT TO,
VRFY) are now checked according to the more restrictive RFC 821 syntax rather
than RFC 822 syntax. This syntax is that of a DNS domain.

I might have guessed that underscores would rear their ugly heads. :-(

> I know the *real* problem the original sender. <sigh> A filter to bounce
> junk like this would be nice, but first exim has to accept it. :)

Er, wasn't the 501 a good enough bounce?

There is a facility for re-writing incoming SMTP addresses before they
are otherwise checked. See section 33.5 of the 2.0 manual. If you know
what to rewrite this to, you could use that. (I see that it clearly
isn't a fully-qualified domain name, which is another contravention of
RFC 821).

Philip