Re: [EXIM] vhosts

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: thomas
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] vhosts
On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Tim Thomas wrote:

> What are the steps needed to accept mail for several virtual domains?

It depends on what you want to do with such mail.

(1) Treat all domains as synonyms? All you need is to list them in
local_domains.

(2) Change envelope address and deliver to the real user address? Set up
one or more alias files as per section 38.2.

(3) Deliver to specific hosts without changing the envelope address?
That's a bit more tricky - see section 38.3.

(4) ... I expect there are other things people do too ... such as
putting the messages into files in BSMTP format for onward transmission
over UUCP, or putting all the mail for one domain into a single POP
mailbox. I don't have examples for those yet.