Re: [EXIM] Possible bug in hosts_lookup_nets ?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Possible bug in hosts_lookup_nets ?
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> probably said:
> The problem is that reverse lookups don't always work. Maybe Exim should
> try both methods? And while we are on the subject, I have now and again
> wondered whether, having done a reverse lookup, Exim should in any case
> do a forward lookup for confirmation?

I'm with tcp wrappers on this one - forward and reverse should match
if you are using DNS for any type of authentication.

Many people will have circumstances where this isn't feasable, however,
so I'd say an option to turn on the extra DNS checking for the paranoid
amoung us would be nice.

$0.02
P.

--