Re: [EXIM] Possible bug in hosts_lookup_nets ?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Elena Blanco
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Possible bug in hosts_lookup_nets ?
On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Elena Blanco wrote:

> However, I have found that sender_host_reject is not appropriate for us as it
> checks the RFC 1413 ident rather than checking the sender's address as found in
> the MAIL FROM so I use sender_reject instead.

Perhaps I should have called it sendING_host_reject to make it clear
that it was dealing with the host and not with the message's sender.

> (Philip - Does the apparent success of sender_reject alongside sender_net_reject
> work for us by coincidence or intent?)

By intent. They are independent. Calls from hosts that match
sender_net_reject will get rejected immediately; calls from other hosts
will get accepted, and then the messages' senders will get checked when
they are received. See the amazing flowchart in section 41.6 of the 2.0
manual.