[EXIM] 552 Too many recipients

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Sean Witham
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] 552 Too many recipients

Does anyone know why exim would reply to a RCPT TO: line with:
"552 Too many recipients"

I had a look at the manual entries for recipients_max(_reject) and
the none of the error codes given there match. Unfortuantly I can't
reproduce the error. A bounce response email was sent to me by one
of our users. The message is an error report from one of our valid
relays of a delivery session for a message from a mailing list.

The response we received only shows the MAIL FROM: followed by an
acceptance response from our email server, then the RCPT TO: and
the rejection from out server (552 Too many recipients) and finally
a RSET and an o.k from us. I imagine it was one message in many that
were being delivered to us at the time from the relay.

Any idea why 552 and not 550 or one of the other codes mentioend in
the manual ?

--Sean