Re: [EXIM] virtual domain with some local addresses ?

Author: Paul Mansfield
To: Ian Jackson
CC: Exim users mailing list
Subject: Re: [EXIM] virtual domain with some local addresses ?

On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, Ian Jackson wrote:
!snip!
> The solution I came up with is to collect the domains together, but to
> use a % to separate the original local-part and domain. This results

!snip!
> which can be handled at the far end with an appropriate %-hack
> configuration.

I don't think relying on the percent hack is a good idea.

although spammers haven't seemed to cotton on to this, it does significantly
weaken any anti-spam measures.

we did at one point have it in use here due to some very old client software a
few customers were running, but removed the option as soon as the necessity
went away.

Paul