Re: [EXIM] logging data from pipes

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] logging data from pipes
On Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:32:08 +0100 (BST), you wrote:
>If you can arrange for your virus scanner to have permission to write to
>the Exim log file, and to do so with a single call to write() each time,
>on a file opened with O_APPEND, then the data will correctly interleave
>with what Exim adds to the logs, because that is exactly how it works
>itself.

That would work, I believe. However, I'd prefer to have an option to
exim since that would seamlessly meld into the system. Otherwise, I'd
have to cater to make my log entries similiar looking to exim's,
breaking if you change the log format and I'd have to know where the
exim log is stored. Sounds like a dirty hack to me since I depend too
much on the way exim is programmed and configured.

Greetings
Marc