Re: [EXIM] virtual domain with some local addresses ?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Ian Jackson
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] virtual domain with some local addresses ?
Philip Hazel writes ("Re: [EXIM] virtual domain with some local addresses ?"):
> On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > multiple-recipient messages to the same <domain> kept that way (the
> > messages will eventually go via dialup). The envelope recipients are
> > left alone. Multiple-recipient messages to different <domain>s must
> > be delivered to different files/directories.

> > and handled by some kind of aliasfile on the gateway system.
>
> [example reply deleted - iwj]

Thanks for that. However, I think this doesn't arrange for the right
messages to be batched together. To clarify, for example, I might
have

fluffy.clouds.net } batch delivery together as user `clouds',
thunder.clouds.net } to /var/spool/bsmtp/clouds

  salt.tastes.org     }  batch delivery together as user `tastes',
  sour.tastes.org     }  to /var/spool/bsmtp/tastes

So I want a message sent to fred@???, joe@??? and
postmaster@??? to be delivered twice - once in one BSMTP to
clouds with both clouds recipients, and once for postmaster@sour.

I could do something like this

handling_tra:
        driver=appendfile
        domains=HANDLING_DOMAINS
        directory=${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/etc/mail/handling-dirs}{$value}fail}
        bsmtp=all
        user=${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/etc/mail/handling-users}{$value}fail}
        initgroups

but what would the batching be ? Surely the different values for
$domain would cause the messages to be split up before it noticed that
the results of the lookups were the same ?

I suppose I could use the smartuser director to rewrite the address to
<original_local_part>.<host>@<domain>.special-thing-tld
and then use bsmtp for that somehow, using a rewrite rule to put it
back as the envelope is written to the bsmtp file. Is that likely to
work ?

Ian.