Re: [EXIM] virtual domain with some local addresses ?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Ian Jackson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] virtual domain with some local addresses ?
On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Ian Jackson wrote:

> I want to have virtual domains with such that:

> multiple-recipient messages to the same <domain> kept that way (the
> messages will eventually go via dialup). The envelope recipients are
> left alone. Multiple-recipient messages to different <domain>s must
> be delivered to different files/directories.

> and handled by some kind of aliasfile on the gateway system.

[This is all off the top of my head and untested.]

You have to do that the other way round, of course, with the first
director of the form

specific:
  driver = aliasfile
  domains = the domains you are interested in (optional, may speed
            things up a bit if its an inline short list)
  file = /composite/aliasfile
  search_type = whatever
  include_domain

with entries in the alias file such as

user1@domain1:   new address
user1@domain2:   ....
user2@domain2:   ....

Then the second director can pick off the rest

general:
driver = smartuser
domains = list of domains
transport = bsmtp

which refers to a suitable transport

bsmtp:
  driver = appendfile
  file = /bsmtp/directory/$domain
  bsmtp = domain
  prefix = ""
  suffix = ""
  no_from_hack
  user = ${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/userlist}{nobody}}

> * I would prefer to have a constant number of
> director/router/transport entries, rather than one set per
> <host>.<domain>.

Two directors and one transport.

> * The `user' option for pipe and file transports from the alias files
> mentioned in my second bullet point is set per <domain> (or per
> <host>.<domain>).

Done by lookup above.

> Can I do this ?

I think so.