Re: [EXIM] Exim on Solaris x86 ?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Kind
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Exim on Solaris x86 ?
David Sheryn <D.H.Sheryn@???> asked:
> Does anyone have any experience of running Exim on Intel platforms running
> Solaris x86 ?

Works fine, no problems, just marvelous.

Getting tired of PP (ICR3) I started using exim on a newly installed
server for app 6000 students in February, I sort of fancied exim
immediately. Later I've exchanged all clients using different sorts of
sendmail with exim, mostly SunOS and Solaris/sparc. Actually we are
setting up some x86/solaris servers around for local departments (I
would have preferred FreeBSD - but you know, "the support..."), they are
of course, all running exim (2.01) and there is no problems.

I've been a bit nervous to switch from PP on the main mailhubs,
the system has been running for nearly a decade, doing lots of
stuff, like faxgateways, multidomains, huge lists and local
scripts for all kinds of daily needs. These hubs are handling
app 10.000 users and 50.000 messages a day. All problems have
been sorted out by reading the excellent documentation and this
maillinglist, the last PP on our site died Sunday.

The only problem I've got now is: what shall I do with all the
memory that used to be tied up with PP. Hmmm, nice problem.

Thank you Phil,

Hans Morten Kind
Univ of Bergen