[EXIM] Clarification on helo_verify

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: James FitzGibbon
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] Clarification on helo_verify

I just wanted to clarify the behaviour of helo_verify and
helo_verify_except_{nets,hosts}.

I have

helo_verify
helo_verify_except_nets = "204.92.54.120/32"

in my config file. The host 204.92.54.120 connects, but does not send a
HELO/EHLO. Should exim not accept the connection ? Right now it is being
refused with this message:

550 HELO or EHLO is required for this host

Does helo_verify_except_* only affect verification of hosts who do use
HELO/EHLO ? (i.e. the host 204.92.54.120 must use HELO/EHLO, but the
argument does not have to match the calling host's name) ?

If the above interpretation is correct, is there any way to achieve what
I'm trying to do ? Specifically, I have a list of netblocks that are
considered to be "trusted" by my mail servers. Hosts in these netblocks
can relay, do not have RBL checks enforced on them, and so on an so forth.
I would also like to exclude them from having to use HELO, but I want
to force everyone else to use it. Is this possible ?

--
j.

James FitzGibbon                                                james@???
System Engineer, ACC Global Net                   Voice/Fax (416)207-7171/7610