Re: [EXIM] sendmail's DM option with exim?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: vtmue
To: Ben Smithurst
CC: eml
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] sendmail's DM option with exim?
On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Ben Smithurst wrote:
> > qualify_domain = uni-freiburg.de
> > qualify_recipient = heaven.ruf.uni-freiburg.de
> >
> > There is, however, always vtmue@??? as sender
> > address. I'd like it to be vtmue@??? - how can this be
> > altered? Since primary_hostname is used in the HELO command I guess I
> > shouldn't change this one.
>
> Change qualify_recipient, I think. What's the difference between
> qualify_{domain,recipient} anyway? RTFM - oh yes... must do that then...

qualify_recipient will be appended if a *recipient* is provided without
domainname.. ;)
My matter is the sender address. Even when I set up the mailer (pine) to
set a customized header line (From:vtmue@???) exim changes it
to the full host name.
Now the funny side: When I add the following rule at the end of the config
file:

*@*.ruf.uni-freiburg.de $1@??? Ffrs

one should expect that the address then is changed to vtmue@???
but - as you can see in this mail's header - it becomes
vtmue@???!
I tried it both on v1.82 and v1.92 so maybe I should change to v2 now :)

cheerio,
vt
   Volker T. Mueller             Freiburg im Breisgau BRD   "hope is the
   Student der Informatik        vtmue@???       denial of
   Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet   +49 (0)761 35503            reality"