Re: [EXIM] Locking a pipe

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Jeffrey Goldberg
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Locking a pipe
On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> I expect that the answer is no, but I will ask anyway.
>
> Is there an easy way to lock a pipe transport so that any new message to
> be delivered to the pipe will be deferred if there is an uncompleted
> delivery on the pipe?

I'm afraid the answer is indeed no. Indeed, I cannot conceive of what
"locking a pipe" might actually mean.

> The idea is so that we can write a program to process some messages
> without having to worry about locking ourselves.

Surely processing multiple messages in parallel is not a problem per se?
But I suspect you are going to write things to files, and that is where
the problem lies.

I do have lying around a testing program that locks files using the same
code as Exim does. I suppose I could tart it up into some kind of
utility one of these days so one could run commands like

eximlock /some/file "/and/run/this/command while locked"

if you see what I mean.