Re: [EXIM] Different Problems now...

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Greg Blakely
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Different Problems now...
On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Greg Blakely wrote:

> I changed some permissions in the /var/spool/mail
> directory, and my local mail is now being delivered.
>
> But outbound is not, and gives different error.
>
> Instead of Signal 11, I am getting Signal 139, specifically
> queue run: process 4747 crashed with signal 139 while delivering...
>
> Viewing the -d9 -M output, it goes well until it determines that it needs to
> use smtp and lists an IP address for the distant end mail server.
>
> Then it ends with a Segmentation fault.

139 = 128 + 11, which is the same as before, but with a core dump
requested. I think this could also be related to the DBM problem which I
mailed you about separately.

[For the list: He is using Berkeley db 2.4.14, without USE_DB=yes (i.e.
in "ndbm compatibility" mode). I think it might be picking up a duff
version of ndbm.h.]