Re: [EXIM] Actual local interface address

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: James Orwell
Cc: exim-users, sjm, rmj
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Actual local interface address
On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, James Orwell wrote:

> Where does exim look to resolve the local interface addresses?

It calls fcntl() with the SIOCGIFCONF option. The code is in the source
file called host.c.

> On IRIX boxes, exim-2.00 is getting confused:

IRIX appears to be different to other Unices in this area. I've already
got a report that it doesn't show the alias IP addresses (aka virtual
interfaces on other systems) and the user concerned is asking SGI
support how to find the list of all local interface IP addresses. The
documentation doesn't seem to tell you how to do this.

> contrast the Linux/exim-1.92 combo, which gives, correctly,

The code hasn't changed between 1.92 and 2.00.

> any ideas?

Any IRIX experts on this list?