Re: [EXIM] debug shbebug

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: James Orwell
Para: rmj, exim-users, sjm
CC: Philip Hazel
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] debug shbebug
On Jul 21, 10:03am, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, James Orwell wrote:
> > This is the briefest demonstration I can muster: I start exim with debug
> > flags,and note the size of exim log and debug files. I then send an

outgoing
> > mail,and note sizes again: the mainlog has increased in size, but the debug
> > file hasn't.
>
> You've set the debug flag on the daemon, but the daemon is concerned
> only with *incoming* mail, so it won't log anything for an outgoing
> message.

thank you for your reply. this makes perfect sense. any hints or refs for how i
can get debug output for invokations of exim which are concerned with outgoing
mail?

cheers then,

james

James Orwell                                   email: jo@???
Image Processing Group                         phone: 0171 873 2894
Physics Department,                            fax:   0171 873 2716
Kings College London.
WC2R 2LS

   USER, n.:
       The word computer professionals use when they mean "idiot."
            -- Dave Barry, "Claw Your Way to the Top"