Re: [EXIM] Majordomo

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ben Smithurst
A: Exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Majordomo
Steve Lamb wrote:

>     OK, checked for the Exim FAQ and looked through the Majordomo FAQ but no
> clues as to how to setup Majordomo with Exim.  Also checked the Exim archives
> back about 2 months and nothing enlightening in there as well.  Anyone got a
> quick and dirty, 35 second, <10 step howto?

1. Install majordomo with default configuration

2. rm /usr/lib/sendmail; ln -s /path/to/exim-binary /usr/lib/sendmail
(you've probably done this already though...)

3. (exim config): trusted_users = ...:majordom:...

I'm pretty sure that's all you need to get it working, since Exim is
pretty much sendmail compatible. There may be something else that's
blindingly obvious, but I can't think of anything atm... (I managed
to get it working, and if I can do it having only used unix for ~3
months, anyone can... <g>)

As for optional extras...

1. Put the -outgoing aliases on a seperate director that only majordomo
can send to, for security (probably not needed if you use something
less obvious than outgoing and use something like

| .. resend -l list list-outgoing,nobody

but it's useful for the paranoid amongst us <g>).

2. set remote_max_parallel to something > 1, I use 20 and mail goes
out pretty fast...

--
Ben Smithurst <ben@???> <http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/>