[EXIM] question on .forward

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: arb-exim
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] question on .forward
Hello. It's me again. Following on suggestion from Philip Hazel, I did a
little more study on converting from a qmail ssytem to exim. His suggestion
about adding headers using the headers_add option works, but the problem is
that it adds the header at the *end* of the others, which doesn't work with
the serialmail package that we use. I then went on to see if I could modify
source code for serialmail, and it seems it is not so difficult to coax it
to recognise exim's envelope-to header. Now I just have one small problem:

if mail comes in from the outside for a virtual domain, and gets delivered
into a POP account, it will have the correct envelope-to header, eg:

However, if I originate mail locally to the POP account on my system, then
the message gets delivered with an evelope-to of my local domain, eg:

envelope-to: pop_account@???

In the qmail system, I solved this by having a .qmail file in the POP
account's home directory that forwarded the message to
postmaster@???. The message gets injected into the queue from
the top and processed like any other incoming mail via SMTP. I tried the
same with exim by having a .forward
file forwarding to postmaster@???, but the envelope-to header
still has the local domain in it. Is there any way to put the virtual
domain into the envelope for locally generated mail? We need to do this
because when we send out bulletins, we want the postmasters of the virtual
domians to receive the same mail as our local dial-in users (mostly about
upgrade work which will affect them too).

TIA.

--
Anand

USER, n.:
    The word computer professionals use when they mean "idiot."
        -- Dave Barry, "Claw Your Way to the Top"