Re: [EXIM] Problems with partial-dbm...

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Alan Thew
CC: Exim List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Problems with partial-dbm...
On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Alan Thew wrote:

> I have looked at the docs, read past mail items, tried it
> out on a test server but am still slightly worried. I need
> to block
>
> *.da.uu.net
>
> and others but am worried that this could block
> relay1.uu.net (for example) since the 1.92 doc implies
> this . Real live tests show that this is not true, the 2.00
> docs are more helpful/clearer (thanks) but the first
> paragraph on page 32 (of the 2.00) doc still concerns me.

The first complete paragraph on page 32 states:

Partial matching is requested by adding the string 'partial-' to
the front of the name of a search type, for example, partial-dbm.
The key is first looked up verbatim; if that fails, then '*.' is
added to the start of the key and it is looked up again. If that
fails, then further lookups are tried with dot- separated
components removed from the start of the key, one-by-one, and
'*.' added on the front, until there are fewer than two non-*
components left.

Thus, the sequence of keys that will be used for "relay1.uu.net"
is:

relay1.uu.net, *.relay1.uu.net, *.uu.net

It will not therefore match *.da.uu.net. This is in accordance
with the last full sentence on page 31:

In this case, information in the file that has a key starting with '*.'
matches any domain that ends with the components that follow the fullstop.

In other words, *.da.uu.net matches any domain that ends with
da.uu.net. Relay1.uu.net does not end with da.uu.net, so it won't
match.