Re: [EXIM] Changes to support Pine 4.00

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Sherwood Botsford
Para: Exim List
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Changes to support Pine 4.00
On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:

=
= [I personally am not keen on DSN. Quite apart from the problems of
= implementation, it increases the number of automatic messages filling up
= the net, and then there will be those to undeliverable sender addresses
= on DSN-containing SPAM which will waste postmaster's time. I've always
= thought that the best way to implement notification that the receiver
= has seen your message is to put the magic letters RSVP at the bottom.]
=

My thoughts on this is that there should be a header,
RSVP:

and that it shoudl be the responsibility of the User Agent to
deal with it. Users should be able to configure it to:
A. Ignore RSPV
B. Automatically reply to RSVP
C. Ask
possibly
D. Configure for known people in your addressbook.

With similar items for putting the header inWith similar items for putting the header in..
Sherwood Botsford     | email avatar@???
Sorcerers Apprentice    | Office CAB 642B
System Administrator    | Tel: 403 492 5728
Trouble shooter            | Fax: 403 492 6826