[EXIM] Hit by maildir quota

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jochen Topf
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Hit by maildir quota
As everybody was telling me, when I asked for the quota on maildirs, a stat
on every file is potentially very expensive. It is. :-) A mail loop filled
the mailbox of a user with a few thousand mails and at some point the
delivery of a mail needed more time than the mail needed to do another
round in the loop and from there it went only down hill... :-(

Feature request: How about a quota on the number if mails. When using
system quota you normally have an inode quota in addition to the size
quota. Similarly it would be nice to have a max number of files in a
maildir.

I am using a perl script now, that reads the exim logfile and counts the
number of mails from each sender and sends an alarm to the admin, when
a loop is suspected.

jochen