Re: [EXIM] Address rewriting

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: P.Rosenberg
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [EXIM] Address rewriting
Hi,

On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, John Brooks wrote:

> It would appear that exim (v 1.92) doesn't rewrite X-whatever headers.

Not directly, but...

> Is there an RFC reason why, is it just a pain to do, and if not is there a way to
> make it rewrite them?

The system filter in Exim can be used to rewrite or suppress such
headers for sender/recipient combinations that you choose, e.g. for local
students to other local students. The innermost condition that I use is:

  if $h_x-confirm-reading-to is not ""
  then
     logwrite "X-X-Confirm-Reading-To: $h_x-confirm-reading-to: (SUPPRESSED at gla.ac.uk)"
     headers add "X-X-Confirm-Reading-To: $h_x-confirm-reading-to: (SUPPRESSED at gla.ac.uk)\n"
     headers remove "X-Confirm-Reading-To"
  endif

Similarly for "Return-receipt-to"

We suppressed over 30,000 such requests some weeks last year, without
any students complaining! Pegasus make it too easy for students to request
such confirmations.

Best wishes,
Paul R.

Paul Rosenberg, Computing Service, Univ. of Glasgow, Glasgow G12
POSTMASTER@???, Tel +44 (0)141 330 4825, Fax " " " 4808