Re: [EXIM] format for /etc/alias file...

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Sherwood Botsford
CC: Exim List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] format for /etc/alias file...
On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Sherwood Botsford wrote:

> One of the minor aggravations of using exim as a drop in replacement
> for sendmail is that the syntax for the aliases file is different.
>
> sendmail is ok with aliases of the form
>
> xxx    :    user1,user2

I've never seen "proper" documentation on the format of alias files. The
Solaris 2 manual specifies that alias files are a series of lines of the
form

aliasname:address[,address]

exactly like that (no spaces anywhere).

Exim does not require the colon after the name if there is white space
there. I suppose it could be made to allow white space before the colon.