Re: [EXIM] 1.92 special spool permissions?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Sherwood Botsford
Cc: Exim List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] 1.92 special spool permissions?
On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Sherwood Botsford wrote:

> 1. chown mail /opt/exim/bin/exim
> 2. chmod u+s /opt/exim/bin/exim
> (On this system chown clears the setuid flag)
>
> 3. rm -rf /var/spool/exim
> 4. mkdir /var/spool/exim
> 5. chown mail /var/spool/exim
>
> Is this likely to get me into other trouble?

If you are not running Exim as setuid root, you have to be very sure of
what you are doing. It will not be able to change uid in order to do
local deliveries, nor change euid to read users' forward files, nor bind
to port 25. If you don't want it to do any of those things (e.g. on a
mail relay where you start the daemon as root) then it should be fine,
though, as you have discovered, you may need to tweak the spool
directory by hand.