[EXIM] setting of uid

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: vtmue
A: eml
Asunto: [EXIM] setting of uid
Hello,

just another, somewhat tricky question that has to do with virtual
domains:

On a host that handles mail for different domains, and where there are
some users who belong not to the local domain but are valid users because
of a pop-account, for example; there you can prevent a delivery for e. g.
real.localuser@??? just by adding the line:

domains = "host.really.local:really.local"

to the local_user director.
The idea then is to accept only mails with a correct combination of
$local_part and the appending domainname. For this purpose there is an
alias file for each domain, containing entries like:

guy_a:        /var/mail/guy_a
guy_with_cool_too_long_name:    guy_b
guy_b:        /var/mail/guy_b
guy_c:        guy_c@???
..

And a virtual director is set up with an aliasfile driver.
So far so good.
When it comes to the director for the "virtual" domains, however, exim
(v1.92) complaints:

Neither the virtual director nor the address_file transport set a uid for
local delivery of /var/mail/guy_a

How can I get a around this? It's not possible to use something like

user = ${local_part}

because the condition of a matching of username and ${local_part} isn't
always true (like for guy_b above, whose mailadress is guy_with_..., but
guy_b beeing his account name).

Ok, there would be no problems if those special aliases were put into the
main alias file, which then needs to contain long entries (including fqd
names), but in that case the concept of clearly separating domains would
fail... :(

And changing all the mailfiles' ownerships to mail:mail or something like
that seems to be no good idea at all to me.

I'm really stuck here, hoping someone can help!
TIA,
Volker
   Volker T. Mueller             Freiburg im Breisgau BRD   "hope is the
   Student der Informatik        vtmue@???       denial of
   Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet   +49 (0)761 35503            reality"