Re: [EXIM] Majordomo (Exim ?) Question

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Manar Hussain
Para: Tim Patterson
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Majordomo (Exim ?) Question
The best list for such questions in general is
majordomo-users@??? where the current hot thread is qmail vs
sendmail (over the issue of "excessive parallel deliver")

>1) I'm getting an increasing amount of hostile comments (including my
>boss) asking why 'replies' are not posting directly to the list.

You can set the reply to point directly back at the list by setting the
reply_to field in the <listname>.config file but be *warned* this can
readily be considered as broken and definitely increases the chance of a
mail loop as some automated programs may respond to this by sending mail
back to the list (which will result in them getting a new mail which they
respond to, etc., etc.)

>2) Also, the attachment problem seems to be getting worse -virtually
>everything I send through md as an attachment gets corrupted but if I send
>a direct e-mail without going through md it can be read. This is not
>universal so some people can read both...

Hmm - sounds odd. Are the messages bouncing for approval first (due to
being too large for example). If they go straight through to the list
majordomo shouldn't really be mangling anything ...

Manar