Re: [EXIM] exim -bf gives different result from filter in us…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Rufus
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] exim -bf gives different result from filter in use (repost, sort of)
On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Rufus wrote:

> Is it just a general case that only one mail command is allowed in a filter
> file, and that the addition of others will produce undefined results? Am I
> right in thinking there is no way I can check what, if anything, a given
> mail command has sent, from within a filter?

It is not supposed to be the case. Each command should be entirely
separate. However, because of a quirk of the way it is implemented, only
one mail/vacation command to a particular address will actually get
delivered. Or course, there may be other bugs. I confess I never tried
sending more than one message. I have made a note to investigate all of
this when I get time.

> So if I want to send an acknowledgement of receipt for all messages
> received, but only want to send the contents guide to first time users the
> easiest thing it to set up a vacation on one account and 'deliver' the
> message to another account that sends out acknowledgements. The sensible
> thing, on the other hand, is probably for me to pipe the whole thing to a
> program that pretty much duplicates the functionality of vacation but sends
> a differnt message instead of none if the user has sent previously.

The "once" file is just a DBM file with the address as a key. You could
do a DBM lookup on it and use that to control which director handled the
address.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714