[EXIM] Recent list problems

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: exim-announce
Asunto: [EXIM] Recent list problems
We have had a combination of factors hit the exim list box - including an
incredible rush of messages (a new release often helps the flow), and a
combination of hardware and software faults (not exim - a runaway identd).

Due to this we had to take the box out of service yesterday afternoon
whilst a new box was built and configured. This is now in place, although
there will be a short outage later whilst we put it into a new position in
our machine room.

It appears that whilst the machine was struggling yesterday (load averages
of over 160 were seen and the machine was in serious swap problems), some
messages, especially digest ones, were mishandled, resulting in people
getting additional copies. This problem should now be fixed.

Apologies for these problems. We are working at moving our mailing list
handling to be a supported service - rather than doing it on a spare (old)
box at the bottom of a development rack. This should improve service in
the future.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]