[EXIM] converting from qmail to exim

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: arb-exim
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] converting from qmail to exim
Hi! I have a few newbie questions about exim: I'm trying to make up some
notes for myself on how I would convert from qmail to exim should I come to
a decision to do that. I currently have a qmail 1.03 system that runs very
well, except for hogging our valuable bandwidth, so I've been looking at
exim to see if it will do what qmail is doing and improve on b/w. So far,
exim seems to deliver faster, because we often have many users at the same
site, and the multiple RCPT's help.

I've figured out most parts of the conversion: I'll stick with maildir
format, and qmail's pop server. .qmail files will be converted to .forward.
However, I'm somewhat comfused about what to do with virtual domains. With
qmail, I send all virtual domain mail into a single maildir which is
controlled by a local user, and then when
the user connects, send it to them using the serialmail programs written by
Dan Bernstein. These programs have one prerequisite: they rely on the
delivered-to: header of qmail to determine the final recipient. Does anyone
know how I can achive that same effect under exim, ie. add delivered-to:
headers exactly like qmail does? Eg:

under qmail, all mail for vdomain.com is handled by user "virtual". In
virtual's home directory, I have a .qmail-default which catches all mail
and delivers into a maildir, writing delivered-to: headers like:

delivered-to: virtual-user@???

While the conversion is taking place, I can simply run both qmail and exim
side by side, where exim handles my main domain, and qmail handles the
virtual domains on another IP address. In fact, this setup can work quite
well, but I'd rather have just one mailer, than having to worry about 2
different ones.

TIA.

--
Anand