Re: [EXIM] local_interfaces and aliased IP addresses

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jim Straus
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] local_interfaces and aliased IP addresses
On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Jim Straus wrote:

> The MX records specify an IP address that is an alias address on that
> server (why? I don't know. No good reason).

I'm not familiar with the concept of an "alias address" in connection
with IP addresses. Can you explain this further, please?

> After playing around with various options, I tried adding in the aliased
> IP addresses to a local_interfaces configuration line and then it started
> doing the right thing of recognizing the loop and holding the mail for
> later attemted delivery (when the primary came back up).
> First, the documentation says that "it also gets a complete list of
> available interfaces and treats them all as local when routing mail."

This is done by the ioctl() function with the SIOCGIFCONF option.
Perhaps this doesn't work the same with these "aliased addresses" you
are using? I'm afraid I am pretty ignorant in this area.

> doesn't seem like it is picking up the aliased addresses on an interface.
> Is this correct behavior, an oddity of an IRIX implementation, or a bug?

No idea. Do you have any documentation for SIOCGIFCONF on IRIX?

> If it is not a bug, it should be added in to the docs/upcoming FAQ so
> people can be aware of this limitation.

Indeed.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714