Re: [EXIM] How to integrate Exim behind a load-balancing uni…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: James FitzGibbon
Para: exim-users
CC: Jochen Topf
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] How to integrate Exim behind a load-balancing unit ?

>> Internet  ---    Load Balancer   ---    mail1.tor.accglobal.net
>>                                         mail2.tor.accglobal.net

> The easiest solution would be to get rid of the load balancer. Just have
> to MX records with the same priority and the DNS does the load balancing
> for you. I can't see the need for the load balancer for email.

Not so: MX only works for other MTAs attempting to send e-mail by looking
up MX. It does nothing for Joe ISP user who has 'smtp.isp.com' set up as
his outbound host. The load balancer is a dual-node unit that can fail
services over to one of the two boxes within 3 seconds of one becoming
unresponsive for SMTP, POP, IMAP (or any other TCP service for that
matter).

--
j.

James FitzGibbon                                                james@???
System Engineer, ACC Global Net                   Voice/Fax (416)207-7171/7610