Re: [EXIM] Rewriting for not-local_domains

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Torsten Curdt
Para: Philip Hazel, Exim-Mailinglist
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Rewriting for not-local_domains
Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Andreas Edler wrote:
> > Torsten Curdt wrote:
> > > Hmm... If I got it right Andreas wants to leave all his local deliveries
> > > untouched (x@??? -> y@???) and wants to rewrite the from-
> > > and
> > > reply-to fields (x@??? -> z@???) to (x@??? ->
> > > z@???)
> > > if the mail goes outside his local domain.
> >
> > yes, that is what I want.
> >
> > > I thought that this is not possible ...
> > > Because rewriting is done per address and not per message?!?
>
> No, rewriting is done per message, and there is only one copy of the
> headers that is used for all recipients (see recent messages on a thread
> started by Sean Witham).
>
> > Well, it would be fine is this would be made possible, perhaps in
> > rewriting in the transports? Isn't it a quite normal thing if
> > you have an intranet and want to connect it with the internet?
>
> You can do what you like at transport time if you are prepared to set up
> a transport filter command, but it is expensive.

Hm... (if I remember right) the transport filter calls an external
program
... Uhh ... That´s not very nice ... and expensive! As you said!
If Exim could handle this... That would be a lot better!

> I'm afraid I have no experience with intranets. Our local network is
> part of the Internet. However, I think that one way people handle this
> is to use a gateway machine. The intranet machines pass mail amongst
> each other, and send anything that is going outside to the gateway. The
> gateway can then rewrite quite happily, because it does not receive
> copies that are purely internal.

Hm... That might be an easy sollution, but such a intranet might be a
net
with all mixtures of machines with maybe windows on it ...
And they don´t have a local mailqs ... Maybe they write their mail with
Netscape ... And the receipents machine is off (home already ;-) ..
So the mail can not be delivered before Netscape is started again ...
But it may be an very important mail! The receipent should have next
morning!

You see the problem? ... I think also the local mail should be handled
by the server/gateway machine ... If you have 2 of them, 1 server and 1
gateway
each running exim this might be no problem.

Torsten