Re: [EXIM] Wish-list "votes" (Was: Future development)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: David Sheryn
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: David Sheryn, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Wish-list "votes" (Was: Future development)
On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:

> "Vote" recorded, but
>
> > On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Sean Witham wrote:
> >
> > > I would like to be able to use rewrite rules within drivers ! Sometimes I
> > > only want to perform a rewrite when I know where and how the message is
> > > going to be delivered.
>
> The problem I see with this is that a message may have many recipients,

I'm not sure that I fully understand why this is a problem ? Can you not just
apply the test to _each_ recipient, and if it matches, re-write, otherwise not ?

> but Exim keeps only one copy of the headers. I cannot see any way of
> doing this kind of thing other than by cloning the message into a number
> of different messages, each with just one recipient, or the equivalent
> of keeping a different copy of the headers in memory for each recipient
> (could be expensive if there were 1000 recipients). Then each one could
> do its own thing.

I'm still not sure I understand why you would have to do this ? I'm obviously
missing something here :)

> Since this seriously breaks the internal design of Exim, it would be a lot
> of work.

Clearly *that* would be a "bad thing" (tm) :)

DHS
-- David Sheryn <D.H.Sheryn@???> Postmaster, Computing Services
-- City University, Northampton Square, London, EC1V 0HB
-- Phone: (+44) 171 477 8000 Direct 0171 477 8196 Fax: 0171 477 8565